If you are looking to buy a ball python (Python regius), it can be a bit overwhelming to find a good breeder. This list will give you options in nearly every state.
Be sure you check your local laws to make sure owning a ball python is legal in your area.
Some states ban ball pythons, as well as some counties and cities.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Red Mountain Herps is based in Birmingham. They sell on Morph Market and Facebook. They specialize in the ultramel and clown genes.
- The Reptile Barn is based in Anchorage. This is a passion project by two families who want to expand the reptile hobby in the state. They have plenty of het animals for breeders and visible genes like cinnamon, pied, spider, and more.
- E.B. Ball Pythons is based in San Tan Valley. They offer a guarantee that all of their snakes are healthy, properly sexed, and eating at the time of shipping. They have clown, spider, ivory, and more genes available.
- Hot-AZ- Balls is based in Tucson and offers local pickup and regional shipping. They can be found on Morph Market and Facebook. They offer leopard, cinnamon, pied, scaleless head, and more genes in plenty of combinations.
- Snake Eyes Exotics is based in Benton and run by a husband and wife team. They guarantee live arrival, recessive genetics, and sex of all their snakes. They ship from FedEx hub to FedEx hub unless they can be absolutely certain the snake will be safe.
- Snake Country is based in Yorba Linda and offers regional shipping and local pickup. They offer spider, orange dream, enchi, and more combinations. They also specialize in Amazon basin emerald tree boas, boa constrictors, and more species of snakes.
- AJ’s Reptiles offers local pickup and regional shipping. They are based in Covina. They have pastel, enchi, spotnose, blackhead, and more available. They also have supers of a few if you are looking for a more dramatic example of a morph.
- Colorado Cold Bloods is located in Aurora. They offer a number of genes including albino, pinstripe, and pied. You can actually see the parent snakes on their website if you want to see where your snake came from.
- Creature Breeders is located in Thornton and offers local pickup and regional shipping. They can be found on Morph Market, Facebook, and YouTube. They guarantee the genes, sex, and health of their ball pythons.
- Ectothermic Dungeon is a ball python breeder based in Bristol. They focus on high-quality morphs including puzzle, tri-stripe, ghost, and more. Be sure to check often to see what their snakes have produced that year.
Ball pythons require a permit in all of Delaware. Look into your local regulations to see how to acquire this permit if you want a ball python.
- CD Exotics offers ball pythons from their location in Milford. They also sell on Morph Market and have a Facebook if you want to keep up with their snakes. They have yellowbelly, blackhead, and more morphs available.
- The Florida Reptile Ranch offers ball pythons shipped from Tampa. If you are looking for good breeding stock, they have plenty of options. You can also get banana, pied, enchi, and more from this breeder.
- Dynasty Reptiles is based in Miami and offers ball pythons and a number of other reptiles for sale. They have a huge variety of available snakes for sale. This includes morphs like spider, bee, pastel, banana, pinstripe, and more. They are very well-rated and offer local pickup as well as shipping.
- Atypical Pets is based in Winterville. They have pewter pied, spider, and more genes and combinations available.
- United States of Reptilia is based out of Rincon and offers local pickup and regional shipping. They have a Morph Market page for shopping. They guarantee the health and sex of their animals. They have banana, pinstripe, and plenty of het snakes for breeding projects. They also breed several species of gecko if you are in the market for a lizard.
It is illegal to own any snake in Hawaii. This includes ball pythons. Snakes are not native to Hawaii and pose a threat to the local wildlife.
- Molecular Reptile is based in Coeur d’Alene. They offer multiple recessive traits in their ball pythons. They also breed Australian and Indonesian pythons.
- MOSA Exotics is based in Poplar Grove and offers local pickup and regional shipping. They can be found on Morph Market. They are a small breeder that make sure to feed hatchlings at least 6 meals before they are shipped out. You can find leopard, pastel, and het snakes on offer.
- Circle City Constrictors is based in Greenwood and can be found on Morph Market and Facebook. They are a small breeder that focuses on darker morphs of the ball python. They have morphs like blackhead, mahogany, and super mahogany. If you are looking for a darker snake, this is a great option.
- Bahl Pythons is a small family breeder based in Mason City and offers regional shipping to the area. They can be found on Morph Market and Facebook. They have morphs like pewter and pastel.
- Tornado Alley Reptiles is based out of Leawood right on the border. They have been breeding for 12 years and focus on high-end morphs. You can find orange dream, clown, and more from this breeder. Be sure to check their breeding page for the year to see what they will be producing.
- Extraordinary Ectotherms are based in Louisville and offer ball pythons and boa constrictors. They have yellowbellied, clown, mahogany, and more available.
- Bailey & Bailey Reptiles is based in Folsom. They are a small family breeder who specialize in ball pythons and feeder rodents. They have a number of genes like scaleless head, enchi, VPI Axanthic, Coral Glow, and more.
- Jbt Exotic Reptiles is based in Denham Springs and offers local pickup and regional shipping. They can be found on Morph Market and Facebook. They have mahogany, spotnose, pastel, and more for gene choices. You are guaranteed to get the snake pictured in an ad, so you can be sure of what animal you will receive.
- Belgrade Ball Pythons is based in Smithfield and offers local pickup and regional shipping to FedEx centers. They sell on Morph Market and can also be found on Facebook. They have genes like citrus pastel, lesser, and yellowbelly.
- Seventy 7 Serpents is based in Columbia and offers local pickup and regional shipping for their snakes. They offer lesser, clown, banana, spotnose, and more. You can pick up some great options for breeding projects thanks to them offering snakes that are het for certain genes.
MH Ball Pythons is based in West Springfield and normally services reptile shows. They focus on producing multi-recessive animals. They have genes such as pied. clown, champagne, candy, albino, and many more.
- Steel Serpents offers regional shipping and local pickup from their Battle Creek location. They have spider, champagne, lesser, leopard, and more available for their snakes. They also offer normal ball pythons if you aren’t picky about the appearance of your pet.
- JSA Reptiles is based in Minneapolis and focuses on breeding ball pythons. They have genes like fire, yellowbelly, enchi, and more. Be sure to check often since stock may change.
- Cloudy Water Domestics is based in Rochester and offers its animals for local pickup and regional shipping. They can be found on Morph Market and Facebook. All animals have a sex and genetics guarantee as well as a live delivery guarantee. They have enchi, lesser, and more available. They also offer corn snakes and reticulated pythons.
- Royal Pieds is based in Starkville and was founded by a veterinary pathologist. This breeder focuses on pied, black, and white morphs for their snakes.
- Located in Wentzville, KDM Exotics ships regionally and offers local pickup. They have pastel, trojan, spider, and more genes available in their snakes. They also offer boa constrictors.
- Morph Mixology Reptiles is based in Billings. They focus on piebald, clown, and scaleless head combinations.
- Snakes on the Plain is based in Lincoln and breeds Hurricane, puzzle, axanthic, and double het snakes.
- If you want a ball python in Nevada, Bloodlines by Rich Macias is a great choice. They are based out of Las Vegas and have been breeding snakes for over 15 years. They have tri-stripes, albinos, and more on offer. They also offer plenty of adult snakes or ones with good genes so you can easily build up your own breeding stock. This breeder is well-rated so you can trust that your snakes will arrive healthy.
- CV Exotics is based in East Hampstead, Hampstead, New Hampshire. You can pick up your snake from their store or opt for shipping. They have many morphs like pied, albino, granite, and more. They also breed other species, so you can pick up hognoses and kingsnakes here as well.
- R&B Reptiles breeds ball pythons and other reptiles from their base in Vineland. They have an emphasis in reptile education. They have a number of genes available such as pastel, fire, spider, and many more.
- Steve Winkler Reptiles offers local pickup and regional shipping from their Shamong location. They can be found on Morph Market and Facebook. They offer high-quality ball pythons. Morphs include Mojave, clown, spider, pastel, leopard, and more in unique combinations.
- MSB Reptiles is based in Clovis. They specialize in the Monarch gene, which is a unique morph. The Monarch morph does not have black pigment, and looks more purple.
- Python Perfection is based in Port Jefferson Station and offers local pickup and regional shipping for their ball pythons. They mainly sell via Morph Market. They have been breeding ball pythons since 2012 and offer morphs like banana, gravel, genetic stripe, and more. Check often and be sure to watch their social media to see what snakes are available and look at the pairings for the next breeding season.
- SnakeMan’s Exotics is based in Mastic Beach and offers local pickup and regional shipping for their snakes. They have bananas, clowns, gravel, and more. They also offer boa constrictors if you are looking for one.
- Absolutely Repticular is located in Ithaca. They offer a number of morphs and genes including pastel and cinnamon. They also sell other reptiles like corn snakes and geckos. Buying multiple animals at once is a great way to save on shipping, so be sure to ask about this if you have your eye on multiple animals.
- Walker Pythons is located in Knightdale and offers local pickup and regional shipping. They can be found on Morph Market and Facebook. They specialize in pied, patternless, and solid animals.
- Fire n’ Ice Exotics breed snakes and also has a pet store located in Bismarck. They breed leopard geckos and hognose snakes in addition to ball pythons. Be sure to check in to see what animals they have. If you are local enough to visit the store, note that the animals they sell in the store are different to what they offer online. Most animals in the store are pet quality, while the higher quality animals are sold online.
- HeliGuy Serpents is based in Columbus and offers local pickup and regional shipping. They are a small hobby breeder that focuses on quality care for their animals over breeding. They offer a number of genes like Mojave, pastel, yellowbelly, and more. Be sure to check their shipping guidelines before ordering. They are responsive, so they should answer questions quickly.
- Loren Emanuel Reptiles is based in Cincinnati and offers local pickups and regional shipping. They can only be found on Morph Market. They are a small hobby breeder run by the two children of the family.
- Bob Clark is one of the oldest python breeders around. He was the first to produce an albino ball python. They are based in Oklahoma City and offer local pickup. If you are looking for scaleless or scaleless head ball pythons, this is a great source. If you are looking for some of the larger pythons like Burmese pythons, this is a good source.
- Brad’s World Reptiles offers a number of reptile species and they are located in Corvallis. They have banana, piebald, and more morphs available. This is a smaller breeder, so be sure to see what animals they have. They do shipping, but check to make sure they will ship to your location.
- 412 Balls is located in Pittsburgh and offers local pickup and regional shipping. They have many morphs like spider, pinstripe, redhead, Mojave, albino, and more. They have plenty of combinations and sex all their snakes before they offer them for sale. Be sure to check often to see their combinations. They also offer a live guarantee.
- DD Exotics is based in Cumberland. They sell on Morph Market and are also on Facebook. They offer a wide variety of morphs including patternless, piebald, and many more.
- KC Reptile Lab offers ball pythons and supplies on their websites. They have a Morph Market page to make buying their snakes easier. They are located in Pendleton and offer local pickup if you want to spare your snake the stress of shipping. They have morphs like lemon, pastel, enchi, clown, and more available. Check often to see what they have available.
- Reppe Reptiles is based in Conde. They offer a few morphs including pied, coral glow, and lavender albino. Be sure to check often since they are a smaller breeder. The animals they have in stock will change. This is another seller with a live guarantee so long as the animal is picked up quickly.
- Rehker Reptiles is based in Nashville. They have regional shipping and local pickup if you want to avoid shipping your snake. They have the yellowbelly, lace, clown, and more morphs. They also offer boa constrictors. They ship mainly to the local area and to FedEx centers. This is good since animals kept at the centers are more likely to survive shipping.
- Sinful Serpents is a small breeder based in Conroe. They offer caging and ball pythons through their Morph Market page. They offer enchi, pastel, pied, and more ball python morphs. Most of their sales for reptiles are through Morph Market, so do not be worried if you do not see snakes on their website.
- Kori Martin Reptiles breeds ball pythons and carpet pythons. They are based in Georgetown and offer local pickup and regional shipping for their snakes. Since this is a small breeder, there may not always be snakes available. They offer morphs like vanilla, so keep an eye out for their clutches if you are in Texas.
- Great Basin Serpentarium, LLC offers regional shipping and local pickup from their Lindon location. They offer normal, Mojave, pied, and more depending on availability. They also offer many other species of snakes, reptiles, and invertebrates. All of these are captive bred, so you know you will not be supporting the wild pet trade.
- Clarkson Reptiles is based in Colchester. They breed a number of morphs including spider, pastel, and a few bee variants. This is a smaller breeder, so they may not always have stock outside of the breeding season. This is typically between June and November for hatchling ball pythons.
- Conley Herps is based in Hampton and offers pickup and regional shipping. They have pied, albino, Mojave, spider, and plenty of combinations to select from. They also offer snakes that are heterozygous for certain genes that would be great for a breeding project.
- Reptile Genetic Services, LLC is based in Christiansburg and only offers their snakes for local pickup and regional shipping. They offer enchi, pied, and plenty more either as genes for breeding projects or visual traits. Keep an eye on them to find a snake you will love.
- MK Pythons is based in Kelso and offers local pickups and regional shipping. They can be found on Morph Market and Facebook. They guarantee that all their snakes are healthy and properly sexed. They have raven, pinstripe, pastel, and more genes.
- Dave’s Danger Noodles is based in Morgantown. They can be found on Morph Market and Facebook. They have the highway morph, axanthic spiders, and many more. Be sure to keep an eye on them to see their stock. This is a responsive breeder, so they can answer your questions.
- Breeder’s Circle offers some amazing ball pythons. They are based in Madison and offer local pickup as well as shipping. They have pinstripes, clowns, pastel, butter, and many more. They also offer breeding pairs if you are looking to get started with ball python breeding. If you go with this route, be sure to ask for the lineage of your snakes. While snakes do not react as poorly to inbreeding, it can increase the risk of defects if it happens too often. Some genes may also be deleterious in combinations, so do your research.
- A.B.M. Reptiles LLC is a breeder of ball pythons and leopard geckos based in Casper. They can be found on Morph Market and Facebook. Keep an eye on them to see when they have animals for sale.
Selecting a Breeder
I hope this list helped you find a local breeder to buy your new pet from. When selecting a breeder, always look at ratings on independent sites and try to see their parent snakes if you can.
You want a breeder who cares for their snakes.
Make sure they do not overproduce since snakes that are bred when they are in a poor condition produce unhealthy offspring. Look for breeders that only ship when the weather is good or insist on a pickup point.
This helps make sure your new snake doesn’t spend too long in a box. You want someone who only ships overnight.
They should only ship when the weather through the whole trip is expected to be between 40 and 90 degrees.
They should also use heat or cold packs to ship reptiles as is appropriate.
It can get very hot in shipping trucks, so be sure they use appropriate cooling during the summer months. The heating or cooling should be free, but some breeders do offer more efficient packs for extra money.
Make sure you know the policy before you buy. You do not want to be paying extra for your pet’s safety if this wasn’t brought up beforehand.
You also want guarantees for the health, sex, and genes of your animal. Someone who is breeding should be able to sex a ball python easily and verify health and feeding status.
While sex is less important in a pet, it will give you an idea how large your animal will grow.
Pick a seller who will answer you questions promptly. If a breeder is not willing to answer questions about your snake, this is a bad sign.
It may mean that they do not know their animals. They may not notice illnesses or quirks that could be a problem in your new pet.
If they offer guidance for new owners, that is even better. You should watch their YouTube and check their social media to get a feeling for their animals and care standards.
Animals should have enough room and healthy meals. You also want to be sure that the breeder feeds at least 3 meals before they offer a snake for sale.
If you intend to feed frozen/thawed rats, try to find a breeder that sells snakes after they are switched.
It can be difficult for an inexperienced owner to get a snake to switch, so try to go with a breeder that does the work for you.
If you can find a reptile expo that your breeder will attend, this is a great time to look over their snakes and possibly buy.
Lastly, make sure to read my ball python care sheet which covers how to setup a proper enclosure for your future snake.
How to Get on This List
Are you a breeder looking to advertise your amazing snakes? Well, don’t hesitate to contact us here out here to get on this list.
Please include your location, common morphs, and a bit about your business. The more information and links, the better!